Dorfman Pacific RCP Policy
Updated: April 2018
RCP - Policy Purpose
After struggling for years to police the numerous third-party selling marketplace to ensure the adherence of our MAP policy we made the decision to not allow any resellers to market or list Dorfman products on them. Furthermore, the administrators of these third-party selling marketplaces offer little to no assistance when it comes to enforcing our MAP policies. This policy ensures fairness among all authorized resellers and further protects brand integrity.
RCP - Policy Statement
Dorfman, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to discontinue doing business with any reseller that advertises or lists any MAP product on third-party selling marketplaces. Third-party marketplaces are defined in the guidelines below.
RCP - General Guidelines
- The RCP policy applies to all third-party marketplaces defined as reselling channels in which the reseller themselves does not own the channel or web domain in which they are selling. Popular examples include, but are not limited to, Amazon.com, Walmart.com, Ebay.com, Craigslist.com, etc…
- Selling Dorfman products on your own website where the web domain and URL are owned by the reseller is of course allowed.
Customer Example: John Smith Hats
John Smith hats may sell Dorfman products in any John Smith Hats brick and mortar locations or on johnsmithhats.com.
John Smith Hats may NOT sell Dorfman products via Amazon 3P Seller Central or Amazon 1P Vendor Central. Regardless of whether John Smith Hats is shipping the Dorfman product from their own warehouses or having Amazon drop-ship on their behalf.
RCP - Policy Enforcement
- If a reseller violates this RCP policy by listing Dorfman products on any third-party reseller website, then Dorfman will consider this to be a violation by the reseller.
- Dorfman reserves the right to cancel any pending orders, restrict future orders, or suspend resellers' account if Dorfman reasonably believes a reseller has violated the provisions of this policy; or intends to violate this policy.
- Dorfman’s RCP policy Administrator is solely responsible for determining whether a violation of the RCP policy has occurred, as well as determining appropriate sanctions.
- The foregoing is a statement of Dorfman’s unilateral policy and expresses the terms upon which we will deal with our customers. This policy may be modified by Dorfman from time to time. Dorfman does not seek, nor will accept, any agreement or understanding with respect to the prices you may advertise or charge at any time.
- Dorfman reviews the marketplaces in which resellers list our products, either directly or via the use of thirdparty agencies or tools. Resellers are expected to provide reasonable cooperation in any Dorfman investigations regarding possible RCP policy violations. Hindering, obstructing, delaying, or otherwise failing to cooperate with a Dorfman RCP policy investigation is a violation of this RCP policy.
- The RCP policy will be administered by Dorfman in its sole discretion and without notice. Resellers, distributors, and resellers have no right to enforce the RCP policy. Violations of this policy may result in any of the aforementioned sanctions up to and including termination of our business relationship, as well as any available remedies at law.
RCP - List of Common Prohibited Third-Party ReSellers
Amazon.com, Walmart.com, Ebay.com, Craigslist.com, bestbuy.com, alibaba.com, rakuten.com, jd.com, suning.com, apple.com, dell.com, xiaomi.com, sears.com, newegg.com, jet.com